The Wrong Building for the Site
Vue53 is a development currently being planned for the “McMobil” site.
- 13 stories high, 321 feet wide
- 267 rental units
- 30,000 square feet of retail
- 218 parking spaces for retail, tenant, and employees
- Developer: Mesa Partners, LLC
Clearly Vue53 flunks this test.
This is the wrong project for this location:
- Scale: At 13 stories high and 321 feet wide, Vue53 would dominate its neighbors and overwhelm 53rd street.
- Retail: The retail spaces could be used for “big box” stores that bring car traffic and discourage foot traffic.
- Parking: The 218 planned parking spaces would vastly underserve the demand created.
- Traffic: This project would exacerbate traffic problems on and around 53rd Street.
- Location: This oversized building, and its dangerous traffic flows, would be across the street from Murray elementary school and the Nichols Park field house.
- Shadows: Significant shadows would be cast over adjacent properties.
- Precedent: If this building is built, any future developer of nearby property would be able to claim the right to build to at least the same height.